Project One – Baylis v4c-560
A ventilator Really made in Canada by Canadians.
Project Leader: Rick Jamieson, FTI Professional Grade
- Modes of Operation:
- CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure)
- PSV (pressure support ventilation)
- P A/C (pressure assisted / controlled ventilation)
- V A/C (volume assisted / controlled ventilation)
- V SIMV (Volume-Synchronized intermittent Mandatory ventilation)
- P SIMV (Pressure-Synchronized intermittent Mandatory ventilation)
- The internal lithium battery provides up to 11 hours of ventilator operation (depending on settings and other factors)
- A real-time battery life indicator shows how much battery time is left, in hours and minutes, based on settings.
- Compact, lightweight (5.5 kg) and quiet (<40 dBA at 1m). It transitions easily from hospital to home use.
- Data portability is enabled via a USB memory device. The USB memory device makes it easy to transfer patient data from a home ventilator to a clinician’s computer.
- Ventilator parameters and alarm settings are linked to reduce risk of clinically inappropriate settings.
- Oxygen enrichment is available using a low pressure oxygen source. Utilize a measurement kit to monitor FiO₂ levels.